• avi

    iPhone X scratches easily

    If you don’t need a case for grip, you definitely need one to protect the iPhone X’s stainless steel frame. It scratches incredibly easily, at least on the silver model I have. It seems just as susceptible to scratching as the metal bezel around the iPhone 3G and the chamfered edge on the iPhone 5.

    I have no idea how my iPhone X picked up so many scuffs. I’ve been using a case since day one. I already had a bunch waiting for launch day, and soon after setting up my iPhone X for the first time, I put one on. I’ve used three different cases so far.

    When I took the latest off the other day to clear out dust, I noticed a bunch of scratches on the corners of my iPhone X. They’re only light surface scratches, but they’re noticeable up close.

    Maybe the iPhone X got scratched while I changed cases. Maybe the scratches resulted from lint or other debris getting in between the case and the handset. I’m not sure. But I’m always careful with my devices; I had no scratches or scuffs on my iPhone 7 after six months of use.